Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/13/2004 12:01 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:

> But the fact is 'we' (PGDG) do not 'have' a replication solution; all are
> third party, and there are some that are open source.  I personally think

What part of the Slony-I replication system do 'we' (PGDG) not 'have'?

The original design work got published and was up for discussion before
the implementation work started, the entire development happened under
the BSD license, the project was hosted on gborg from the very beginning
and all .c, .h and .sql files in the entire tree are Copyright PGDG. The
project lead is a PGDG Core team member and the project team consist of
more people outside of Afilias then inside. If that isn't enough, then I
would like to know what's left that we could announce at all?

Please stop looking at Afilias as a 3rd party. Afilias is a member of
the PGDG as everyone else. The problem that even people inside of this
community can't imagine a company being just a member of this team
doesn't mean that it is impossible.

Jan