pg_dump - option for just dumping sequences? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject pg_dump - option for just dumping sequences?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Came across a scenario today where I want to backup the latest values of
sequences in the database, so they can be restored along with the data
from a COPY command.

Looked at pg_dump's output options (for 7.4/7.5) and there doesn't seem
to be an easy way for just dumping sequence definitions (with the latest
sequence numbers).

Thought about using egrep too, but had difficulties there too.

Does anyone else think it would be a useful thing adding an option to
pg_dump for outputting just the sequences?

Or perhaps there's an easy way of doing this I just haven't thought of?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift