Re: Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 00:01, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> My manpage for signal(2) says that you shouldn't assign SIG_IGN to
>> SIGCHLD, according to POSIX.

> So - I should be setting this to SIG_DFL and thats good for everyone?

Yeah, we learned the same lesson in the backend not too many releases
back.  SIG_IGN'ing SIGCHLD is bad voodoo; it'll work on some platforms
but not others.

You could do worse than to look at the existing handling of signals in
the postmaster and its children; that code has been beat on pretty
heavily ...