Re: Release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The thoughts behind the process might be good, but do we have examples
> where it has worked out well? The 2.4 series seems to have been
> particularly bad for new major issues in their stable releases.

PHP's the same.  Absolutely dreadful.  They put all sorts of new
features mixed in with security and bug fixes in their minor releases.
The NUMBER OF TIMES I've upgraded PHP to fix a bug and they've
introduced a new global function that conflicts with one of my user one
and worse...

Chris