Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, looking at how the Linux community handles it, I think we can
> borrow a lot of concepts from them.

I was thinking quite the opposite. The Linux community doesn't exactly
have a great track-record for their stable releases.

The thoughts behind the process might be good, but do we have examples
where it has worked out well? The 2.4 series seems to have been
particularly bad for new major issues in their stable releases.