Re: Remove email search - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Remove email search
Date
List pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> After years of failure to support a reliable, fast search capability for
> our email list, I suggest we give up and move to just pointing to Google
> Groups.  Our search screens have been mostly an embarrassment for us,
> and it is time to give up and move on:
>
>     http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql

Hmmm... do they cover enough of the mailing lists to be effective, and
do they retain the emails for a really long time?

:-)

<snip>
> I also think we need to start purchasing our own servers with company
> donations and move to a more independent infrastructure.

Well, lets draw up some equipment targets, figure out pricing, and
figure out how much we have in the kitty.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift