Re: Are there any compatibility problem with using pg74jdbc3.jar - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Are there any compatibility problem with using pg74jdbc3.jar
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Clark Kent wrote:
> We are trying to using pg74jdbc3.jar

Which build?

> with postgres 7.3.

Which 7.3?

> This is being
> done since the new driver has some needed features, and we don't want to
> change the database version.  It seems to "mostly" work.  (The driver
> seems to be throwing exception for every insert/update that is done, but
> the operation seems to be working correctly)

Can you provide an example of the exception & stacktrace you see?

> Are there any
> compatibility problems that we should be worried about?

Not that I know of; the latest 7.4 driver should work correctly against
a 7.3 server (modulo server bugs -- IIRC, some versions of 7.3 can
corrupt bytea data when transmitted to the client, depending on the
database encoding in use)

-O