Re: Warnings - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Warnings
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Jeffrey Melloy wrote:
> When I attempt to pull the warning from a statement, and display it on
> the web, I'm getting some garbage at the beginning and end:
>
> SNOTICEC00000MQuery contains only stopword(s) or doesn't contain
> lexem(s), ignoredFrewrite.cL249Rclean_fakeval_v2
>
> While psql just gives "Notice: Query contains only stopwords or doesn't
> contain lexem(s), ignored
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The "garbage" is the raw server-provided string for a 7.4 notification.
The latest 7.4 driver should turn this into a human-readable form when
creating SQLWarnings. This change went into CVS on Feb 16, so any driver
earlier than that will show the behaviour above. I suggest you upgrade
to the latest binary driver (build 213 on jdbc.postgresql.org) or
rebuild the driver from current CVS yourself.

-O