We are trying to using pg74jdbc3.jar with postgres 7.3.   This is being done since the new driver has some needed features, and we don't want to change the database version.  It seems to "mostly" work.  (The driver seems to be throwing exception for every insert/update that is done, but the operation seems to be working correctly)   Are there any compatibility problems that we should be worried about?

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Are there any compatibility problem with using pg74jdbc3.jar

From
Oliver Jowett
Date:
Clark Kent wrote:
> We are trying to using pg74jdbc3.jar

Which build?

> with postgres 7.3.

Which 7.3?

> This is being
> done since the new driver has some needed features, and we don't want to
> change the database version.  It seems to "mostly" work.  (The driver
> seems to be throwing exception for every insert/update that is done, but
> the operation seems to be working correctly)

Can you provide an example of the exception & stacktrace you see?

> Are there any
> compatibility problems that we should be worried about?

Not that I know of; the latest 7.4 driver should work correctly against
a 7.3 server (modulo server bugs -- IIRC, some versions of 7.3 can
corrupt bytea data when transmitted to the client, depending on the
database encoding in use)

-O