Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - Known maximum size of the PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - Known maximum size of the PostgreSQL
Date
Re: [OFF-TOPIC] - Known maximum size of the
List pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>>> What's the case of bigger database PostgreSQL (so greate and amount of
>>> registers) that they know???
>

> Didn't someone say that RedSheriff had a 10TB postgres database or
> something?

 From http://www.redsheriff.com/us/news/news_4_201.html

"According to the company, RedSheriff processes 10 billion records a
month and the total amount of data managed is more than 32TB. Griffin
said PostgreSQL has been in production for 12 months with not a single
database fault in that time “The stability of the database can not be
questioned. Needless to say, we are extremely happy."

I think it's safe to assume this is not on a spare Dell 600SC though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd