Re: BUG #17421: Core dump in ECPGdo() when calling PostgreSQL API from 32-bit client for RHEL8 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17421: Core dump in ECPGdo() when calling PostgreSQL API from 32-bit client for RHEL8
Date
Responses RE: BUG #17421: Core dump in ECPGdo() when calling PostgreSQL API from 32-bit client for RHEL8  ("hirose.masay-01@fujitsu.com" <hirose.masay-01@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 06:45:21AM +0000, hirose.masay-01@fujitsu.com wrote:
>> My test case to reproduce the issue is:
>> 1. The client connects Postgres Database and issues SQL continuously.
>> 2. Switch the Database role from Active to Standby.
>> The Database is mirrored by the Mirroring Controller between two
>> clustered servers. the Mirroring Controller may be the original
>> feature added by the enterprise.

> A self-contained test case enters in the category of an ECPG script
> that we could use to reproduce the problem.  Personally, I have no
> idea what kind of application stack you are using, and I don't know
> TJVvDatabaseAPI, which I suspect is a proprietary solution for
> something related to databases.  The information you are providing
> here is not enough for one to know how to reproduce this problem.

"Switch from active to standby" isn't even possible in community
Postgres, so there are definitely moving parts in this recipe that
we are not responsible for or familiar with.  Perhaps the problem
can be reproduced with just stock Postgres, but nobody here is
going to expend the effort to try to build a reproducer from this
amount of information.

We have a wiki page offering advice about creating
actionable problem reports:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

            regards, tom lane