Re: Automatic language selection - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Automatic language selection
Date
List pgadmin-support
Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Reshat Sabiq wrote:
>

>> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>
>>> Why does pgadmin have to ask for the language at first start and
>>> cannot determine the language from the system locale?
>>>

>> I think it's actually good. Not all apps are multi-lingual, and if it
>> didn't mention it, i'd assume it isn't either, at least until i
>> stumbled on something later on.
>>
> We *could* disable it, but by asking as early as possible the app will
> come up with the right language immediately. Changing it later in
> Options will lead to a mixed language until the next restart.

Forgot to mention:
If selecting "Default", the system locale *is* used, as it is to display
the language selection box. We had a bug not storing the user's choice
for "Default" to configuration which was fixed yesterday.

Regards,
Andreas