Inserts in triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Morgan Curley
Subject Inserts in triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
Are there server setting that need to be set in order to do inserts from trigger functions?

I have been trying to load data into a table which would trigger an insert into another table with one or more of the NEW values.

I keep getting:  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "$1"
and the DEBUG log entry points to the line with the insert on it.
i.e.
INSERT events ( event_id, sport_id ,name ,feed_code, start_time, active_flag, create_timestamp, update_timestamp ) VALUES ( event_id ,sport_id ,feed_code ,feed_code, create_timestamp, 1, create_timestamp, create_timestamp );

where the values list is a list of predefined vars.

Does anyone see why this statement wouldn't work.

All required fields are present ant not null, all foreign keys exist.

thanks,
Morgan