More.. Re: Changes to C interface from 7.0 to 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dr. Evil
Subject More.. Re: Changes to C interface from 7.0 to 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Dr. Evil" <drevil@sidereal.kz> writes:
> > anyway, the problem is that VARSIZE is no longer defined in a way that
> > I can make assignments to in 7.1.  Does anyone have any sugestions?
>
> Use VARATT_SIZEP.
>
> src/backend/utils/adt/ is a rich source of examples to follow when you
> have questions like this ...

Thanks for the tip on that.  That helps, but the documentation is
still incomplete.  I was reading the docs, and those files in
src/backend/utils/adt/, and they all include "postgres.h" and
"fmgr.h", from src/include.  Do I need to include anything from
/usr/local/pgsql/include?  If not, shouldn't the postgres.h and fmgr.h
files be somewhere in /usr/local/pgsql/include?

After I changed the macros I was using to the V1 style, and included
postgres.h and fmgr.h, it worked, and now I can get my SHA1 hashes
again, but I want to understand what I'm doing.

Slightly confused by the new C interface...

Now if only I could also link in gpg I would have everything...