Re: [HACKERS] Re: PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general

> >  AOLServer isn't the only system that can pool database connections, so
> >can servlets/JSP, ColdFusion, ASP, etc.  No doubt AOLServer would be more
> >widely accepted if it used something other than TCL.
>
>There's also support available for Python, though there's still a lot of
>work to be done to support the full AOLserver API (same's true of ns_java,
>actually).
>
>If you use ADP pages, your use of Tcl is typically restricted to snippets of
>code anyway, so I've never really understood the complaints about Tcl...

What about the php module? Does it take advantage of API?
It seems to me your choice of web/application server is kind of dependent
on the language you like. If you like perl/php use apache if you like tcl
use aolserver, if you like java use tomcat,enhydra,orion (or whatever), if
you like python use zope. I guess for the few people who like VB there is
IIS/ASP.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/   Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.