Re: Re: [GENERAL] PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 09:27 AM 11/15/00 -0800, Tom Samplonius wrote:

>  AOLServer isn't the only system that can pool database connections, so
>can servlets/JSP, ColdFusion, ASP, etc.  No doubt AOLServer would be more
>widely accepted if it used something other than TCL.

There are two separate modules that support Java in AOLserver: ns_tomcat
which provides an identical interface as Apache tomcat (and no real
advantages) and ns_java, which is coming out of the OpenACS project.  ns_java
exposes AOLserver's pooled, persistent database API to java.

There's also support available for Python, though there's still a lot of
work to be done to support the full AOLserver API (same's true of ns_java,
actually).

If you use ADP pages, your use of Tcl is typically restricted to snippets of
code anyway, so I've never really understood the complaints about Tcl...

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com>
  http://donb.photo.net.