Fwd: [GENERAL] Problem with CREATE RULE ON DELETE (PostgreSQL only executes the first expression) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From J. Roeleveld
Subject Fwd: [GENERAL] Problem with CREATE RULE ON DELETE (PostgreSQL only executes the first expression)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm reposting it here, since i haven't received any help after posting it
at the general
mailing-list, and sending in a bug-report at the bugs mailing-list.

I'm willing to forward the bug-report to any email-adress I'm asked for to
sent it to,
but since it's a long one (contains a full script to reproduce this error)
I'm a bit reluctant
to do so.

Joost Roeleveld

===========  Forwarded Message follows ==========
Hi,

I have found what appears to be a bug in PostgreSQL, or is this a feature?
I don't think it's a feature, because the postgreSQL documentation state it
should work.

When creating delete-rules for views, i have found that only the first
expression is being executed, when
using multiple expressions.

I have managed to do this for Insert, and i think for Update as well...
although i haven't gotten around to testing that yet.

The following is the RULE-definition I use, it's for a View (
bedrijven_view ) which consists of
two tables ( adressen_table  and   bedrijven_table ).
When I change the sequence (eg. put the delete from bedrijven_table first)
it still only does the first statement.

CREATE RULE delete_bedrijven_view AS ON DELETETO bedrijven_viewDO INSTEAD (    DELETE FROM adressen_table        WHERE
adres_id= get_adres_nummer(straatnaam,            huisnummer,postcode,land);    DELETE FROM bedrijven_table
WHEREfirma_id = firma_id;);

If you require more information, for instance a full list of statements
that can reproduce the problem,
please let me know, and I'll forward the bug-report I sent in yesterday
morning.

with kind regards,

Joost Roeleveld