Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
Re: New trigger option of pg_standby  (Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Guillaume Smet
<guillaume.smet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Kevin Grittner
> <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> I find it hard to imagine a use case for the existing default
>> behavior.
>
> I thought a bit about it and I think it can be useful when your
> priority is the availability of the service and you don't consider a
> data loss that important: even if you have a lot of WALs segments to
> replay, you may want to have your service up immediately in case of a
> major problem.

Yes, I also think that this is likely use case.

> Keeping it is a good idea IMHO but I don't think it should be the default.

What does "the default" mean? You mean that new trigger should use
the existing trigger option character (-t)?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center