Re: BUG #14435: PGAdmin 4 will not see the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: BUG #14435: PGAdmin 4 will not see the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/27/2016 1:32 AM, jmhowitt@mac.com wrote:
> I installed PGAdmin 4 and i install Postgres 9.6.1. with homebrew. In the
> postgres.conf i set list to port 5432 and i set listen_addresses to "*"
> I can connect on the command line and i can connect with a tool called
> Portico and with PGAdmin 3. However both versions of PGAdmin4 will not
> connect and i just get a screen telling me "Failed to connect to the PGAmin
> application server. Click here to try again."
>
> If i run Postgres with the Mac Postgres.app which requires no installation
> then PGA4 will connect.

I believe pgadmin4 has a client-server architecture, where there is a
webserver component, and then the client is your web browser.   that
error sounds like the client can't connect to the pgadmin webserver ?

anyways, pgsql bugs is for bugs in the core postgres database server,
pgadmin is a seperate project and has its own support channels.