Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Date
Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
List pgsql-advocacy
elein wrote:
> It would be nice to have some sort of knowledge
> of which postgres people are speaking.  I am
> planning on submitting a talk as I did last year.

I'm thinking of doing a tutorial -- something like "Extending PostgreSQL
with C" -- show/explain (comments/additions welcome):
  - contrib build system basics
  - building a simple scalar function
  - I/O functions and a building custom datatype
  - simple polymorphic scalar functions
  - SRF using the one-row-at-a-time api
  - SRF using a tuplestore

I think it would be nice if we had a tutorial or session on advanced use
  of each PL -- at least for the most commonly used ones.

> It would help us coordinate the BOF better.
> We did not do a good job last year.  It would
> also help us talk about some of the things that
> could be better this year than last.  I have some
> (ahem) opinions about this.

Great -- let's hear 'em ;-)

Joe