Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3
Date
List pgsql-general
| Don't go on EXT2, its not reliable and takes lots of time to start
after an

Actually EXT2 is quite reliable and it is also quite fast. However your
point is accurate about start up time after a crash.

>The most promising FS is Reiserfs v4
>http://www.namesys.com/v4/v4.html

Although Reiser is promising, I wouldn't touch it. It is beta, frankly my
experience is that even their stable stuff is still beta.

If you want a native, reliable, stable FS for Linux. Use JFS or XFS
(when 2.6 comes out)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake