Re: Enhancement Requests - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Enhancement Requests
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dieter Fischer wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm working with PgAdmin III, and it's really a great tool.

Thanks!

>During my work with it, if found some points, where you could enhance
>the tool. At least I've found nothing in docs, when it's already
>implemented.

Feedback is welcome.

>1. It would by nice, when the editing window for function and triggers
>have a line number on the left side. It would help to find errors when
>you get an message like:

I don't know if the Scintilla control we're using supports line numbers,
but it's certainly a good idea. If this is not possible, we should show
the cursor position in the status line. Or only status line, because
this saves space.

>2. Make an option where you can define the size of the editing window.
>Currently I'm in the process to migrate a database from Oracle to
>PostgreSQL. So I have a lot of triggers and functions which need
>changes. So I'm always forced to open the window, click the tab and
>resize the window, because it's default is to small.

About a week ago I committed a change which implements pgAdmin3 to
remember previous dialog positions. This should be what you'd like.

>3. I've found a translation bug in the german version (1.1.0 Devel/Win).
>In the Sequences window, the english text "current value" is translated
>as "Aktuelles Passwort" (actual password). Just to beautify it ;-)

Fixed, Danke.

Regards,
Andreas