Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: wxGTK2ud BuildRequires dependencies
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>Are you going to bother submitting more now they will probably reject
>them out of hand anyway?

I'll still post patches, if I believe they are necessary. The last
message from Julian about this states "In any event, we will not pursue
copyright assignment to the point where the effort to do so causes
collateral damage and comes at the expense of valuable contributions to
the project. " and "Until we have further legal feedback (...) we will
be accepting patches and bug fixes in the normal way. "
Well, unfortunately the normal way only a single patch I posted in the
last months was accepted (by Robin), some are discussed in an academic
and puristic fashion ("I don't like this", "can't we have some fancy
inheritance way"), and most are simply not discussed at all.

I'm very tired of discussing anything with certain wx people being in
charge of commitments; it's *much* less work maintaining our periodic
snapshots and applying the patches.

Regards,
Andreas