Re: Open Sourcing pgManage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>JSP, remotely, through Jakarta-Tomcat?  One of the limitations of pgAdmin,
>as far as I'm concerned, is the fact that you can run it remotely ... if
>you could run pgManage under something like Jakarta-Tomcat as a JSP, that
>would be *really* cool ...
>

> D'oh, just clued into the 'java' aspect ... Joshua, will this run as a

pgAdmin is designed for a good interactive experience, which isn't
achievable using web technologies. SSL connection is supported, so on
not-too-slow lines remote usage should be possible without security
issues, or over a VPN (I'm working like this).
For web access, phpPGadmin should be usable; haven't tried so far.

Regards,
Andreas