Re: Recomended FS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Recomended FS
Date
List pgsql-general
I suspect almost everyone using IDE drives -

We the "consumers" of this technology need to demand that the vendors:

1. Be honest about these limitations / bugs
2. Work to fix obvious bugs - e.g. drives lying about write cache status
need to have their behaviour changed as soon as possible.

In the meantime I guess all we can do is try to understand the issue and
raise awareness

regards

Mark