Re: Clustering for performance and fail over - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: Clustering for performance and fail over
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:30:24AM -0400, Stan Leung wrote:
> I am interested in know if anyone has set up clustering for performance and fail over using PostgreSQL.  We are
currentlyusing Oracle for a distribution application and would like to use PostgreSQL with multiple application and
databaseservers.

Yes, we've done failover stuff using a shared storage, heartbeat, etc.
several times. For performance I prefer to divide the data to different
failover clustered database systems because concurrent writing creates
some huge technical overhead in many cases.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De