ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gene Vital
Subject ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
PostgreSQL
I am using Microsoft Visual FoxPro to connect VIA ODBC using both
a DSN connection and a DSNLess Connection. The DSNLess connection is
Waaaayyyyy... slower than the DSN connection and  I am having a problem
trying to figure out what ODBC settings affect performance this much.

using DSN i can pull 4 fields x 953 rows in .266 seconds :)
however using a DSNLess connection the same query takes >179 seconds
(ouch =-O)

the DSN connection settings are all the default expet for
Database = systemdata
Server = 192.168.10.94
Username = postgres

I have been messing around with the DSNLess connection and have tried
changing quite a few of the setting but can't get the speed up, here are
some of the settings. As you can see they are pretty much the same.

lcSqlDriverName= "PostgreSQL"
lcSqlServerName="192.168.10.94"
lcSqlDatabase="systemdata""
lcSqlUserName="postgres"
lcSqlPassword=""
lcSqlPort="5432"
lcSqFetch="100"

lcSqOptimizer="1"
lcSqKsqo="1"
lcSqSqUniqueIndex = "1"
lcSqBoolsAsChar = "1"
lcSqMaxVarcharSize = "254"
lcSqMaxLongVarcharSize = "8190"
lcSqExtraSysTablePrefixes = "dd_;"
lcSqProtocol = "6.4"
lcSqUpdatableCursors = "1"
lcSqLFConversion = "1"

--
Eugene Vital
Any technology indistinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.