Re: ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 15 October 2003 21:08, Gene Vital wrote:
> PostgreSQL
> I am using Microsoft Visual FoxPro to connect VIA ODBC using both
> a DSN connection and a DSNLess Connection. The DSNLess connection is
> Waaaayyyyy... slower than the DSN connection and  I am having a problem
> trying to figure out what ODBC settings affect performance this much.
>
> using DSN i can pull 4 fields x 953 rows in .266 seconds :)
> however using a DSNLess connection the same query takes >179 seconds
> (ouch =-O)

Ouch indeed. Are you sure all other details are the same? That's almost too
slow.

> I have been messing around with the DSNLess connection and have tried
> changing quite a few of the setting but can't get the speed up, here are
> some of the settings. As you can see they are pretty much the same.

I think if you turn the logging options on in the driver settings for your DSN
connection you can get a trace that shows you your settings.

There's also an ODBC list that might give you more help.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd