Re: Problem using Subselect results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christoph Haller
Subject Re: Problem using Subselect results
Date
List pgsql-sql
> I want to use the result of a subselect as condition in another one.
>
> table1: a,b
> table2: a,c
>
> CREATE VIEW my_view AS SELECT b,c
> (SELECT a, b FROM table1 WHERE b=3D1) my_ab,
> (SELECT  c FROM table2, my_ab WHERE table3.a=3Dmy_ab.a) my_c;
>
> this is just an example - i know i could cross join this one, but i
need =
> to=20
> refer to the results of several subselects in several other.
>

> does return "relation my_ab unknown". it is not just a problem of
executi=
> on=20
> order - if i turn it the other way round it's still the same.
>
> Am I just trying to do something really stupid? And what for is the
(nece=
> ssary)=20
> AS statement for subselects, if it's not possible to access their
results=
>  by=20
> that name?
>
> And as I need the result of a subselect  in several other subselects
it's=
>  not=20
> possible to transform them into a cascade of sub, subsub,
subsubsub.... s=
> elects.
> Any ideas?=20

Does this match your intentions:CREATE VIEW my_view AS SELECT b,c FROM(SELECT  b,c FROM table2, (SELECT a, b FROM
table1WHERE b=3D1) my_ab

WHERE table3.a=3Dmy_ab.a) my_c;
I assume the reference table3.a is a typo.

Regards, Christoph