Problem using Subselect results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From oheinz@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Subject Problem using Subselect results
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,
I want to use the result of a subselect as condition in another one.

table1: a,b
table2: a,c

CREATE VIEW my_view AS SELECT b,c
(SELECT a, b FROM table1 WHERE b=1) my_ab,
(SELECT  c FROM table2, my_ab WHERE table3.a=my_ab.a) my_c;

this is just an example - i know i could cross join this one, but i need to
refer to the results of several subselects in several other.

does return "relation my_ab unknown". it is not just a problem of execution
order - if i turn it the other way round it's still the same.

Am I just trying to do something really stupid? And what for is the (necessary)
AS statement for subselects, if it's not possible to access their results by
that name?

And as I need the result of a subselect  in several other subselects it's not
possible to transform them into a cascade of sub, subsub, subsubsub.... selects.
Any ideas?

TIA,
Oliver