Re: Problem using Subselect results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From oheinz@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Subject Re: Problem using Subselect results
Date
List pgsql-sql
SELECT my_c.b, my_c.c FROM (SELECT table2.b, table2.c FROM table2, (SELECT
table1.a, table1.b FROM table1 WHERE (table1.b = 1)) my_ab WHERE (table2.a =
my_ab.a)) my_c;

You were doing what I wanted to avoid - you are using a "SUBSUBSELECT".

But (now) I believe it's not possible to refer to a subselect's resultset on
the same level of hierarchy - which sounds rather meaningful - because you
couldn't tell which of them was being processsed first.

So I'll have to get my SELECT statement into some kind of hierarchy, which
makes things a bit more complicated (with twentysomething SELECT statements)

Thanks,
Oliver