Re: Problem using Subselect results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Problem using Subselect results
Date
List pgsql-sql
oheinz@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de wrote:

>SELECT my_c.b, my_c.c FROM (SELECT table2.b, table2.c FROM table2, (SELECT
>table1.a, table1.b FROM table1 WHERE (table1.b = 1)) my_ab WHERE (table2.a =
>my_ab.a)) my_c;
>
>You were doing what I wanted to avoid - you are using a "SUBSUBSELECT".

What about:

CREATE VIEW my_view AS SELECT b,c from
(SELECT a, b FROM table1 WHERE b=1) as my_ab,
(SELECT a, c FROM table2) as my_ac WHERE my_ac.a=my_ab.a

This looks like what you are trying to do, and doesn't use that 'subsubselect' you were trying to avoid...

BTW, what is special to the second-level subselect, compared to the first level one? Why are you trying to avoid one,
butnot the other?

I mean, I could understand, if you (like me) just hated subselects alltogether (then you would have converted your
queryinto a join), but it looks like you don't...

Dima