Re: patch: clean up ant test infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: patch: clean up ant test infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:

>  + Use Ant's <junit> task instead of running a JUnit UI. This cleans
>    up the buildfile and produces somewhat nicer output than the text-ui.
>    As Ant doesn't try to find the task class until the containing target
>    is run, and we conditionalize running the test task on the
>    presence of both JUnit and the JUnit task, this shouldn't cause
>    errors if the task isn't present.

Oliver,

The Ant script really needed some TCL.  Thanks.

But with the above chunk you are taking away the opportunity of someone using
junit.swinggui.TestRunner aren't you?  Some people like the GUI interface.
Or can it be done with the <junit> task and I just don't know how (I believe you
can only get text or XML with that)?

Maybe you can add a separate target so people still can get the gui version...

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser