Re: patch: clean up ant test infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: patch: clean up ant test infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 11:44:41AM -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Oliver Jowett wrote:
> >
> > + Use Ant's <junit> task instead of running a JUnit UI. This cleans
> >   up the buildfile and produces somewhat nicer output than the text-ui.
> >   As Ant doesn't try to find the task class until the containing target
> >   is run, and we conditionalize running the test task on the
> >   presence of both JUnit and the JUnit task, this shouldn't cause
> >   errors if the task isn't present.
> >

> Oliver,
>
> The Ant script really needed some TCL.  Thanks.
>
> But with the above chunk you are taking away the opportunity of someone
> using junit.swinggui.TestRunner aren't you?  Some people like the GUI
> interface.
> Or can it be done with the <junit> task and I just don't know how (I
> believe you can only get text or XML with that)?

I don't think you can get at an interactive interface from the <junit> task.

My changes also add a 'testjar' target that builds a standalone test jar ..
you can always feed that to whichever junit gui you prefer. Personally, I
prefer to have it all automated and noninteractive from the build file..

> Maybe you can add a separate target so people still can get the gui
> version...

Yes, or a separate script.

The 'test' target is invoked from 'make check', so presumably it should be
noninteractive by default.

-O (who should have been asleep 3 hours ago..)