Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

> P.S.: I even think support for 1.2 is not necessary.  Does anyone know
> of a place where Java 1.2 is still being used?  They must have a Java
> that old and still have a reasonably recent backend as the driver only
> support the last two previous versions (will be 7.2+ in the 7.4 release).

Me again :-)

I am using jdk 1.2 :-)
Not to actually run the app, but to compile it. The reason is that the
format in which 1.3 and later reports compilation errors is totally
insane - I can't even *read* it visually, leave alone trying to
automatically parse it with something like vim :-)

Dima