Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: RFC: Removal of support for JDBC1 drivers.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dmitry Tkach wrote:>>

>> P.S.: I even think support for 1.2 is not necessary.  Does anyone know
>> of a place where Java 1.2 is still being used?  They must have a Java
>> that old and still have a reasonably recent backend as the driver only
>> support the last two previous versions (will be 7.2+ in the 7.4 release).
>>

> Me again :-)
>
> I am using jdk 1.2 :-)
> Not to actually run the app, but to compile it. The reason is that the
> format in which 1.3 and later reports compilation errors is totally
> insane - I can't even *read* it visually, leave alone trying to
> automatically parse it with something like vim :-)

OK, so I guess we will have to keep it at 1.2 for a little more.
But this will only buy you some time as it will eventually have to go.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com