Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

>Dima, you are talking about "functionality" which is not documented,
>discovered by yourself as working. This is similar with directly using
>the com.sun.* classes - might work now, but will be a major PITA when
>sun decides to change their internal API.

I know. I understood the risk when I took that approach. And I am not
complaining.
If you had good reasons to take that functionality away, I would not
mind at all.
In this case though, it just looks like you are going to take it out
"just because", and I think, it is a bad idea. That's all.

>You should have expected this
>outcome... and it's certainly not an argument against fixing the driver
>to be standards compliant...

What standard are you talking about?
Where does it say anything about the driver being *required* to provide
no way for people to specify a set as a parameter?
Or where does it even mention anything about the requirement to quote
every single parameter the user sends in?

If you can show me a standard, that *requires* either of the above (not
just is silent about it), I'll have to give up, and agree that I am wrong.

Dima