Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
Re: Prepared Statements  (Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

> If using a PreparedStatement the driver correctly escapes all values
> to avoid SQL injection attacks.

No, it doesn't :-)
For example:

PreparedStatement s = c.prepareStatement ("select * from user where id =
?");
s.setObject (1, "null;drop database mydatabase", Types.INTEGER);
System.out.println (s.toString ());

select * from user where id=null;drop database mydb

:-)

Dima