Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
This looks like a bug to me.
Still, once these kind of bugs are identified and fixed, it's much safer
to rely on the prepared statement's security than on your own escaping.
Besides, if you would set the parameter as string (as you would normally
do in an application) and not as an integer, the escaping would be
correct. And numeric parameters normally get checked for valid
formatting in the application, so this would not slip through.

Cheers,
Csasba.