Re: php with postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: php with postgres
Date
Re: php with postgres  (marcus.boerger@t-online.de (Marcus Börger))
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway wrote:
> ivan wrote:
>> ok, but php should build this lang for postgres i think
>> so, we should talk with php group ?
>
> I have been talking with several people about this on-and-off for a
> while now. If I can find some time in the next few months, I will
> probably write it (if no one beats me to it). I'm thinking that it
> should be written using Postgres 7.5devel (once 7.4 stable is branched)
> and PHP5 (which is in alpha/early-beta testing).

I had been briefly talking with Marcus Boerger (included in CC) from the
PHP team about it. He knows the PHP5 SAPI embed well. Can you include
him into the team (if not already)?
From what I know about this SAPI I think the PL/Tcl implementation
would be a good point to start from, as it looks very similar with
respect to the possibilities.

Jan