Re: php with postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From marcus.boerger@t-online.de (Marcus Börger)
Subject Re: php with postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Jan,

Sunday, July 13, 2003, 1:22:09 PM, you wrote:

JW> Joe Conway wrote:
>> ivan wrote:
>>> ok, but php should build this lang for postgres i think
>>> so, we should talk with php group ?
>>
>> I have been talking with several people about this on-and-off for a
>> while now. If I can find some time in the next few months, I will
>> probably write it (if no one beats me to it). I'm thinking that it
>> should be written using Postgres 7.5devel (once 7.4 stable is branched)
>> and PHP5 (which is in alpha/early-beta testing).

JW> I had been briefly talking with Marcus Boerger (included in CC) from the
JW> PHP team about it. He knows the PHP5 SAPI embed well. Can you include
JW> him into the team (if not already)?

JW>  From what I know about this SAPI I think the PL/Tcl implementation
JW> would be a good point to start from, as it looks very similar with
JW> respect to the possibilities.

JW> Jan

Hello all,

Nice to hear from you all :-)

I met Bruce during LinuxTag fair/conference here in germany and talked to  him
about this plan. I subscribed to the essential mailing lists right now but i am
not yet a member of the postgres dev team. However i will give have a deeper look
during next weekend or the next week. So that i can tell more in a few days.

Apart from that you may bug me with postgres/php bugs since it seems i am
current php's ext/pgsql maintainer.

Best regards,Marcus                            mailto:marcus.boerger@post.rwth-aachen.de