Re: pgsql Replication Proxy (was Re: Replication for a - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wei Weng
Subject Re: pgsql Replication Proxy (was Re: Replication for a
Date
List pgsql-sql
Michael:

1: It will probably need a messaging system that can properly
register/unregister a backend database system. a SIP like syntax comes
into mind. (or a XML message, for the ease of future expansion)

2: What do you mean by "per-database basis"? Database as the concept of
database schema? or seperate physical database server?

3: How does the proxy server know that a backend server failed in commit?

Wei