Postgres client/server parameters? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jimmie H. Apsey
Subject Postgres client/server parameters?
Date
List pgsql-general
Please refer me to a source which explains in some detail how to access
a database residing on a server.  I've already setup the server database
and have applications running on the server which successfullly use the
Postgres database.  Now I want/need to access this database from a
client workstation.  Please help me set needed parameters on a host and
client in order to access pgsql from that client workstation.  I think I
also need to run postmaster with the "-i" parameter and perhaps I need
to modify the HOST:$PGDATA/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf file.  I
have been reading:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html but I still don't
know how to do it.

Red Hat gives no support on this simple question.  I just need a little
help or a suggestion or two.

Thank you,

Jim Apsey