Re: Performance problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From marco
Subject Re: Performance problems
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 17:05, Manuel Durán Aguete wrote:
> Hello,
>     VACCUM it's your friend, look at the docs or search the list.
>
>                                 Regards.

Well, you are right. I Vacuum this db once every day with a cronjob like
this:

> crontab -l

0 0 * * 0 psql -U <user_name> <db_name> -c vacuum

This should work...

But even after running vacuum like that I have the same situation as before. It
takes more time to read or write the database than it would normally
take...

But as all the others have written in their answers to my question I should do
vacuum full and vacuum analyze on a somewhat regular basis. Thanks for the hints!
I will test them on Monday.

Thanks to all and have a nice weekend,

Marco