Re: Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Solaris
Date
Re: Solaris  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

>Just one real advice, from what I have heard on lists. If the sun machine
>supports, install linux rather than solaris. Apparently linux on sparc is far
>faster than solaris, at least at lower to middle end.

Any idea how much faster (and in what areas)?

>Besides postgresql and
>solaris have had performance issues in past.

I believe this is all *sorted* now :-) The issue was the qsort library
bundled with Solaris - Postgresql now supplies its own. So Solaris is ok
for Postgresql (I think quite a few folk actually use this combination).

best wishes

Mark