Re: Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Solaris
Date
Re: Solaris  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:03:24PM +1200, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> I believe this is all *sorted* now :-) The issue was the qsort library
> bundled with Solaris - Postgresql now supplies its own. So Solaris is ok
> for Postgresql (I think quite a few folk actually use this combination).

It's still not all that fast.  Better, but not what you'd expect.
There's something fishy with the SYSV shared memory management, but
I'm darned if I can figure out what it is.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110