Re: > 16TB worth of data question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Ramsey
Subject Re: > 16TB worth of data question
Date
List pgsql-general
Neil Conway wrote:

>>Would life better to not store the
>>images as BLOBS, and instead come up with some complicated way to only
>>store the location in the database
>
> FWIW, storing the FS location in the database is by no means
> complicated. I'm personally not very fond of doing that, but not because
> it's overly complex...

Heck, is the Pg BLOB interface anything more than a cute hook into
filesystem storage? I've often wondered what the point of BLOBs is,
beyond providing a single API to all the data (maybe that *is* the
point). Is there a performance advantage?

--
       __
      /
      | Paul Ramsey