Re: > 16TB worth of data question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: > 16TB worth of data question
Date
Re: > 16TB worth of data question  (Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah@cs.earlham.edu>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 14:23, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> I have a system that will store about 2TB+ of images per year in a PG
> database. Linux unfortunatly has the 16TB limit for 32bit systems.

I'm not sure why the 16TB limit you refer to would be a problem in the
short to medium term, if you're only storing 2TB/year.

> Would life better to not store the
> images as BLOBS, and instead come up with some complicated way to only
> store the location in the database

FWIW, storing the FS location in the database is by no means
complicated. I'm personally not very fond of doing that, but not because
it's overly complex...

Cheers,

Neil