Re: updating table field whenever other table field changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: updating table field whenever other table field changes
Date
List pgsql-general
You can do this with a trigger very easily however there is also the ON
UPDATE CASCADE functionality when you create the table. If you add this
to the parent table any changes made to the parent table will be drawn
down to the child table. If you modify the child table it will not
affect the parent table.

The assumptions are the following:

1. child status is foreign key of parent status.
2. if child status changes it will change to a valid parent status.

HTH

Darren Ferguson