Re: unable to dump database, toast errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lonni Friedman
Subject Re: unable to dump database, toast errors
Date
Re: unable to dump database, toast errors  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for your reply.  Can pgfsck run on a live database, or does it
need to be shutdown first?

somewhat related, i just scanned through the output from the vacuumdb
that i ran, and I found an error related to the artifact_file table:

NOTICE: Index pg_toast_302323_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (86316) IS
NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (86292).
Recreate the index.

So, i took down the DB, started it in standalone, and ran:
reindex INDEX pg_toast_302323_idx

but according to the REINDEX dox, i should see a 'REINDEX' if all is
well, and i never do, i'm just dumped back to another backend> prompt.
Any ideas?